Monday, May 18, 2009

MAY TERM AND MATTRESSES!!!

So,

Finals were crazy but good. My life has been running like mad ever since I teched 42nd street!!!

So I have an idea that I have run by my parents and they are willing to think about it but even if they cannot support me I am going to find a way to make it happen and I probably have told most people about this because it was my original plan when I wanted to come APU. Okay, now that you are thinking that I have decided to do something crazy and wrong and maybe not completely ethical, I am going to tell you what I plan to do.

I have a strong and intense desire to double major in Chemistry and Theater. After a year of classes here at APU and being involved in both departments, I love chemistry and I do want to be a forensic scientist but I love theater just as much and I feel weird denying that part of me and not living my life truthfully and to the fullest.

I have thought about this for so long and have struggled with it that I feel like it has been a stumbling block for me and I have been unable to fully embrace who I am and what I can be. I feel like, if I choose the path of science, and do not grow as an actor, that I will miss out on an entire section of my life that I won't be able to get back.

I feel like I have some how split my being into to different sections. Both parts are fully me and equal to each other but they are almost the antithesis of each other. I have been struggling with how to combine my left and right brains essentially.
I have a lot of reasons for wanting this and I feel that, because there is such a struggle in me over this idea, that I am being prevented.

Goodness gracious. I need to stop this rant but I just needed to type it out...and my battery is about to die.....

1 comment:

Miles Vincent Grimes said...

i think you should share your thoughts with your parents if you haven't already done so. God's gives us passions for a reason man. it's tough to deny those longings.