Friday, December 5, 2008

Missions

I am going to the Czech Republic!! On a small scale it was decided for me that I was a member of this team, I was still considering another team, but the deadlines are coming up to quickly for there to be time for the other team to get the information they need from me so... I am going to the Czech Republic!
I am so excited to be fulfilling what I really feel is God's will for me.
When I think of missions, the first thing that pops into my mind is hard work and uncomfortable conditions. This is not what my mission trip is about. Yes we will be working hard and yes it will be uncomfortable, but it will not be the physical labor, sleeping under mosquito nets, not being able to drink the water kind of mission trip that I thought a mission trip had to be in order to be legit. I bet that this is another way for God to yell at me "Andrew...stop putting me in a box!!"
Even though I try my hardest to not define God or unconsciously give Him limits, I always prove myself to be human and end up limiting God some way or another. God works in any and every situation!!
The mission trips that I first wanted to go on were all high intensity, high risk, and high stress, I guess I always thought that it had to be dangerous and foreign and extreme in order for God to be able to do great things. I am so excited for Him to prove me wrong!!
I do not know much about my trip but I kind of have the basics...I think.
The gist of it is that we will be teaching conversational English to a group of Czech youth for about two weeks. We will be provided with a curriculum but we will also be interacting with the kids through drama, art, and athletics.
I am so insanely excited to be apart of this mission trip! God is going to move me in amazing ways that I never expected and I can not wait for my mind to be blown away and my lifestyle to be completely changed!!

No comments: