Sunday, December 14, 2008

HOME!

So...finals have been over for a few days and I made the trek home with my sister, brother-in-law, and two fellow Washingtonian friends from school. Finals were actually really easy this semester. My first two finals were O Chem and German at seven-thirty and nine-forty five respectively...yeah. O Chem was actually easier than I thought it would be. I really like German and the final was nothing special. My theater project nearly cost me my sanity, but I did well.
The trip home from California to Washington took us seventeen hours!! Being crammed in the back of our car was not fun, but being home is worth it.
It is so cold here in Washington! Twenty-eight right now. I am going to freeze my butt off!
Being home is great but I forgot some of the little pet peeves that go along with being home. I feel really bad when something makes me angry because I should be grateful to be home but instead I am being negative towards my family.
I realized as well how much has changed in the past few months. As I was very involved in school, church, and with my friends and now, after being gone for three months, it is almost like people have expected me to be changed so they treat me differently. It was really awkward going back to church. Especially because I have really grown apart from the people in my church and I don't necessarily agree with what my church teaches or how they run things. I have experienced so much after leaving this Podunk little town that now I feel myself being less tolerant of some people and things in my life that annoy me.
There is one person in particular that has the pleasure of being the only person I know that I truly hate. I don't know what it is about this person, but everything that person does annoys the heck out of me. That person is away somewhere and I couldn't be happier. That person being away makes my stay at home much more enjoyable. I am trying not to specify that person's name or gender because a lot of people would be mortified if they knew that I hated this person. All I can say is that I am very good at hiding how I truly feel and putting on a happy face for the audience.
Now that I have fallen into being cynical, I should end this musing...

No comments: