Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's been a long, long time...

Okay, so it has been a long time. The last time I was here, it was before finals and Christmas break and snow and floods and a long drive and a new semester...there, just told all that happened in the past month or so.
Finals were good, got all A's, we drove home (so stinking long) and it was great to see my family after three months. Literally, the day after we arrived home however, it began to snow, and snow, and snow, we got a record foot and half in my town and I was snowed in for two weeks. After getting cabin fever and driving my family crazy...the snow let up and Christmas and New Years happened. After the holidays, I hooked up with my friends a couple of times, but didn't really get to see as much of them as I had hoped. A couple of days before we were set to leave, it stated raining, and raining, and raining (I think you get where I am going with this subtle cue...). Yes, with all of that record snow fall and the temperature slowly rising, the risk of flooding was imminent. Our estimated time of departure needed to be pulled earlier than expected. The day before our revised ETD, I was taking my sweet time folding clothes and packing them away when my mom called and told me that the flood waters were going to breach the river banks that night and we had to leave...in two hours. After a flurry of packing and rushed goodbyes, we departed from our beloved home. We were lucky to have left when we did because the freeways on our route that were in the food zone were closed two hours after we left!

So...that was my winter break. Since arriving back at school, things have been good. It feels like I never left. APU and Azusa have definitely become like home to me and I enjoy living here. Life has begun to speed up a little bit and I am trying not to stress. I have been fairly successful and have only lost my mind twice and only for a brief period of time!

I know it's lame. All I do is tell you about my life in this blog, but I am not very good at writing about philosophical things or anything like that so, you get what you get.

I do have bursts of inspiration at times and have missed the chance to write them down while I was in the burst and I quickly forget my train of thought so, for the time being, writing about my life, however boring at times, is the only thing I can do.

No comments: