Thursday, January 29, 2009

Book?

So, I am trying to write a book. I am not one hundred percent motivated to write it but I think that it would be cool and I guess you could say it is on my "before I die" list (isn't that called a bucket list?) and since you never know when your time card is due, I might as well start now.
It will be a fantasy style book because that genre comprises the majority of my reading and I think it will be the easiest genre for me to write in because I am not limited by the known and I don't have to do a tremendous amount of research either!
I am trying to be extremely organized so that I do not get things mixed up so I haven't actually started writing the dialogue yet. I am trying to figure out where I want the story to go and get all of my ideas in order before start to flesh it out.
It appears to be a fairly daunting and time-consuming task. I am not the type of person to sit down and start coming up with idea after idea. I find that thoughts will randomly pop into my head so I write them down and fit them in and, once I have started, it becomes much easier to write. I guess you could say that I have bursts of inspiration. It will probably take me many years to finish this book and I am not sure if I want it to be a single book or in a series but the thought of the future is rather exciting.
Kind of a random and pointless post, but I always forget who I have told things to, so I decided to post this it so that people could read it in case I forgot to tell them.

No comments: